Jaimee L. Witten specializes in representing clients in workouts, commercial bankruptcies, handling troubled suppliers, and other creditor’s rights situations.
Her experience, ability to think quickly, and innate efficiency enable her to deliver the time-sensitive work product often required by clients dealing with these crisis situations.
Jaimee began her career in Washington D.C. at Arnold & Porter LLP (now Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer), in its bankruptcy practice group, representing the full spectrum of bankruptcy parties (including debtors, unsecured creditor committees, secured creditors and 363 purchasers). While there, she participated in representing US Airways and Northwest Airlines in their bankruptcy cases.
Jaimee is the vice chair of Bodman's Banking and Bankruptcy and Debtor-Creditor Rights groups.
Since moving back home to Michigan, Jaimee’s focus has been on corporate workouts for financial institutions. She counsels lenders on, among other things, loan modifications, loan sales, loans to common carriers and other loans that involve “secret” liens, factoring arrangements, intercreditor agreements, and DIP and exit financing.
Jaimee also advises middle market and ABL lenders with respect to loan structuring and documentation. The perspective she has gained from seeing loan documents in bankruptcies and workouts allows her to offer valuable proactive advice on the front end of transactions.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America 2020, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2018 and 2020, Bankruptcy and Creditor/Debtor Rights
- Michigan Rising Stars 2012-2017, Creditor Debtor Rights
- 11/01/201969 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2020
- 08/15/201948 Bodman Attorneys Named to 2020 Best Lawyers in America List
- 11/09/201765 Bodman Attorneys Named “Top Lawyers 2018” by DBusiness Magazine
- 09/06/201750 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2017
- 08/15/2017Bodman Volunteers Help Life Remodeled Beautify Detroit
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D., with honors
- Michigan State University, James Madison College, B.A.
- District of Columbia