Ms. Rouse-Ayoub is the Co-Chair of the Workplace Law Practice Group. She concentrates her practice in labor and employment law, exclusively representing management in the private and public sectors.
Ms. Rouse-Ayoub has represented employers in state and federal courts and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Michigan Department of Civil Rights, National Labor Relations Board, and Michigan Department of Labor & Economic Growth-Wage and Hour Division. Her litigation experience includes defending claims alleging employment discrimination on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, sexual harassment, disability discrimination, whistle blower claims, and wrongful discharge.
She has extensive experience with employment issues unique to hospitals and health care-related entities including arbitration, professional staff privileging, and peer review issues.
Ms. Rouse-Ayoub is listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2016 under Employment & Labor and as a 2016 "Top Lawyer" by Dbusiness magazine.
Before joining Bodman, Ms. Rouse-Ayoub was a partner at The Fishman Group, a nationally-recognized law firm that specialized in labor law, employment litigation, and employee relations matters, representing management in the private and public sectors.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2016
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2012-2016
- 08/10/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | Massachusetts Medical Marijuana User's Disability Discrimination Claim Reinstated
- 07/27/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | DOL Seeks Public Input On Rules Governing FLSA Exemptions
- 07/13/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | DOL Posits Texas Court Erred in Ruling DOL Lacked Authority to Set Minimum Salary for Exempt Employees
- 06/29/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | Dealing With "Me" In The Workplace
- 06/29/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | Opinion Letters Are Back
- Detroit College of Law, J.D.
- Madonna University, B.S.
- American Bar Association
- Macomb County Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association (OCBA)
- State Bar of Michigan
- Wayne County Bar Association