Ms. Sorini Elser practices primarily in the area of real estate development and municipal law.
She has particular expertise in the creation of traditional and site condominiums for residential and business projects as well as innovative use of the condominium concept in mixed use developments, senior housing and public/private partnerships. She handles multi-state real estate sales, purchases and refinancing for corporate clients.
She also advises lenders and other successor developers on condominium issues in foreclosures and workouts. Her work also includes creation of conservation easements for preservation of farmland and open space areas for municipalities purchasing development rights, or for private land owners and land trusts.
Ms. Sorini Elser is listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 under Real Estate. She has served as township attorney for Ann Arbor Charter Township for over 15 years. She was recently elected as a trustee of Legacy Land Conservancy. Ms. Sorini Elser has also served as a member of the board of trustees and secretary of the Women Lawyers Association of Michigan Foundation for more than 10 years. She is a member of the Commercial Real Estate Women's Network (CREW-Michigan) and a member of the ICLE Real Property Law Advisory Committee. She is AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and is listed as a 2016 "Top Lawyer" by Dbusiness magazine.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2013-2018, Real Estate
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2015, 2016
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence; Endorsed for High Ethical Standing
Civic, Cultural and Community Activities
- Legacy Land Conservancy, Trustee
- Commercial Real Estate Women's Network
- ICLE Real Property Law Advisory Committee
- State Bar of Michigan
- Committee on Condominiums, Cooperatives and Planned Developments
- Presentation on Conservation Easements and Purchase of Development Rights, Washtenaw County Bar Association Real Estate Section, October 27, 2010.
- “Creative Uses of Condominiums — What Every Architect Should Know,” Huron Valley AIA, June 12, 2007.
- “Drafting Expandable, Convertible, Contractible and Subdivision Rights; Provisions of Condominium Master Deeds and Creative Uses of Condominiums,” Institute for Continuing Legal Education, February 10, 2004.
- 08/15/201746 Bodman PLC Attorneys Named to 2018 Best Lawyers in America List
- 08/16/201642 Bodman Attorneys Named to 2017 Best Lawyers in America List
- 09/17/2015 Forty-eight Bodman Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2016
- 09/03/201446 Bodman Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2015
- 08/31/201245 Bodman Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2013
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- Marquette University, B.S., magna cum laude
- Legacy Land Conservancy
- State Bar of Michigan
- Washtenaw County Bar Association