Ms. Zabriskie has significant experience representing financial institutions in the structuring, negotiation, and documentation of commercial and real estate loans, including construction and end mortgage loans, working capital arrangements, acquisition and mezzanine facilities, leveraged buyout financings, and agented and syndicated transactions.
She represents several banks in complex, multi-million dollar real estate transactions, involving retail, office, residential, apartment, health care, office, and multi-use projects located throughout the United States. Ms. Zabriskie has experience in middle market loan transactions with borrowers in the automotive, manufacturing, health care, technology, leasing, and service industries. Ms. Zabriskie also has experience in commercial and real estate workouts and restructures.
Ms. Zabriskie has also represented real estate developers and investors in commercial, industrial, and residential acquisitions, sales, developments, and financings. Her corporate experience includes mergers, acquisitions, restructures, financings, securitizations, and general corporate, partnership and limited liability matters.
Ms. Zabriskie has been listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business since 2006 under Banking & Finance and in The Best Lawyers in America 2010-2018 in the field of Banking and Finance Law. She has also been included in the Michigan Super Lawyers lists since 2007, having been selected to the Top 100 Michigan Super Lawyers List in 2014, the Top 50 Women Michigan Super Lawyers List from 2009-2015 and 2017, and the Top 25 Women Business Michigan Super Lawyers List from 2013-2015 and 2017. She has been listed as a "Top Lawyer" by DBusiness magazine from 2010 through 2018. Ms. Zabriskie is AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence by Martindale-Hubbell.
She is a member of the City of Birmingham Brownfield Redevelopment Authority and a former vice chairperson of the City of Royal Oak Zoning Board of Appeals. She volunteers as an attorney coach for the Mercy High School Mock Trial team.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Chambers USA 2006-2017, Banking & Finance
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2010-2018, Banking and Finance Law
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2010-2018
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2007-2017
- Top 100 Michigan Super Lawyers List, 2014
- Top 50 Women Michigan Super Lawyers List, 2009-2015, 2017
- Top 25 Women Business Michigan Super Lawyers List, 2013-2015, 2017
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence; Endorsed for High Ethical Standing
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business Law Section
- Real Property Law Section
Civic, Cultural and Community Activities
- City of Birmingham Brownfield Redevelopment Authority
- Mercy High School Mock Trial Team, Attorney Coach
- 12/15/2017Crain's Detroit Business Names Czapski and Zabriskie to 2017 Class of "Notable Women Lawyers"
- 11/09/201765 Bodman Attorneys Named “Top Lawyers 2018” by DBusiness Magazine
- 09/15/2017Four Bodman Attorneys Named to Michigan Super Lawyers 2017 Top Lists
- 09/06/201750 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2017
- 08/15/201746 Bodman PLC Attorneys Named to 2018 Best Lawyers in America List
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Michigan State University, B.A., Accounting
- State Bar of Michigan