Paralegal - Intellectual Property - Ann Arbor Office
Bodman PLC is one of Michigan’s leading business law firms with more than 150 lawyers and five offices. Bodman has a diverse client base that includes individuals and businesses in a variety of industries, with emphasis on financial services, automotive, real estate and construction, emerging companies and venture capital, manufacturing, health care, and other sectors.
Bodman was named by Corp! Magazine a “Diversity-Focused Company” and is consistently listed a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press. We are seeking a talented individual who is committed to excellence and thrives in an environment of collaboration to join our team.
- Primary responsibilities will include administrative management of group’s trademark portfolio, updating of trademark database and docketing of deadlines, tracking foreign matters, performing trademark clearance searches, conducting due diligence on intellectual property assets, and assisting in development of systems, forms, and best practices.
- Excellent organizational skills with superb attention to detail.
- Positive contact with clients and confidentiality of client matters.
- Four year degree, preferably in Social Sciences, Pre-Law, English or General Studies.
- Working knowledge of intellectual property and corporate law.
- At least three years filing with the trademark division of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Ability to compose basic, clear, focused correspondence with international trademark counsel and clients.
- Microsoft Access database proficiency, including updating and creating new records, generating reports.
- Online searching experience (Google and other search engines), trademark databases around the world, WIPO.
For consideration, email your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: IP Paralegal.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, handicap, or veteran status.