Chambers USA 2014 Recognizes Bodman as One of Michigan’s Top Business Law Firms
The prestigious client- and peer-review journal Chambers USA has again rated Bodman PLC as one of Michigan’s top business law firms.
In the newly released 2014 edition, Chambers places Bodman in the “first band” (the highest possible rating) for Banking & Finance. Chambers has ranked Bodman in the first band in Banking & Finance for more than ten consecutive years, stating that the firm is “Michigan's leading commercial lending practice.” Chambers also ranked Bodman among Michigan’s top law firms in Corporate/M&A, Litigation, Real Estate, and Labor & Employment.
The Chambers research process includes interviews with clients and peers at other law firms as well as an assessment of recent client matters handled by the firm.
Chambers also ranks individual lawyers based on their legal knowledge and experience, effectiveness, and client service. Bodman attorneys were ranked in each of the six practice areas that Chambers evaluates in Michigan, including:
- Banking & Finance: Robert J. Diehl, Jr., Scott P. Gyorke, Kathleen O’Callaghan Hickey, Joseph J. Kochanek, Ralph E. McDowell, Larry R. Shulman, Daniel C. Watson, and Wendy L. Zabriskie
- Commercial Litigation: Joseph J. Shannon
- Corporate/M&A: Timothy R. Damschroder, Laurence B. Deitch, Carrie Leahy, and Edwin J. Lukas
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation: David B. Walters
- Labor & Employment: John C. Cashen, Steven J. Fishman, and Karen L. Piper
- Real Estate: David W. Hipp, Nicholas P. Scavone, Jr., and Andrew Z. Spilkin